Because love is love is love is love …
Travel with CT NOW to Washington on June 11
Buses leaving from Glastonbury, Fairfield and New Haven. Please click here for details and to reserve your seat!
The time for action is NOW.
Founded in 1970, the Connecticut chapter of the National Organization for Women is proud to be part of the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States.
The grassroots arm of the women’s movement, we are one of more than 500 local and campus national NOW affiliates across the United States and a leader–rather than a follower–of public opinion.
NOW activists use both traditional and non-traditional means to push for social change. NOW members and partner organizations work together to organize mass marches, rallies, pickets, non-violent civil disobedience and immediate, responsive “zap” actions; lobby legislators; share stories; and otherwise carry out actions to meet our many priorities, which in their broadest sense focus on these six core issues:
- Winning economic justice and equality
- Guaranteeing equal rights for women through the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Championing abortion rights, reproductive freedom and other women’s health issues
- Opposing racism
- Fighting bigotry against lesbians and gays
- Ending violence against women and girls
Become a member of CT NOW today and help us carry out this important work! Our organization is run completely by volunteers. There are no paid staff members.
For more information or to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.